Cambridge residents– don’t forget that your applications for new resident and visitor parking permits are due in the mail by January 14th for renewal before the January 31st expiration of 2008 permits, but can be mailed in as early as the beginning of this month.
Each year, Cambridge has a photo contest for the image to appear on the parking sticker. Israel Ferraz’s photo of Cambridge City Hall (pictured) was selected this year from the 125 submitted.
The city encourages locals to renew their permits as early as possible, noting that it can take up to three weeks to receive a new permit during the high-volume renewal period.
As of November 1st, the city is accepting renewal applications that may be filled out online for residents who fit the following requirements:
From the Cambridge Transportation website:
- Resident must have lived at their current address for the past 3 years or longer.
- Resident received a resident parking permit for the current address for the past 3 years or longer.
- The applicant does not have outstanding parking tickets.
If you don’t meet the above requirements, you can always mail in this form so long as the following applies:
- Be registered in your name at your Cambridge address
- Be principally garaged at your Cambridge address
- Weigh less than 2.5 tons
- Leased vehicles must still be registered in Mass and principally garaged at your Cambridge
- Company vehicles must be registered in Mass and principally garaged at your Cambridge address. You must have a letter from your company, on company letterhead, stating that the vehicle has been assigned to you and you maintain control over the vehicle at all times. The letter must include the name, title, and phone number of your supervisor.
For complete details, visit the Cambridge Resident Parking website